Saturday, November 3, 2012

Strangers, Vampires, Cheerleaders and Foreign Folk

Learning from People you Don’t Know.

In a previous blog, I discussed the meanings that can be found within the Dream Characters that seem to be people we know. Often they don’t represent themselves, but rather aspects of ourselves that may be growing, or attitudes or characteristics that we may adopt that can be helpful in our growth or development, possibly helping us deal with new tricky situations and puzzles in our lives.
This blog will talk about some of the Unknown people that populate our dreams. I think unknown people can also help us learn about ourselves and help us grow.

Why are they there?

First of all, why have Unknown People in our dreams at all? Don’t we know enough people already? The Psyche or Unconscious mind might have any number of purposes for populating a dream with unknown persons.
• maybe we don’t know anyone who would serve as a likely illustration
• maybe using a known person would distract us too much from the main message
• maybe the kind of person/character does not exist in the waking world – like a vampire. It’s going to be hard to find a real vampire in our actual lives
• Maybe a movie character is a better fit than someone we know?

Foreign People, Personal Messages

Foreign people - these can represent new characteristics that we might want to adopt, represented by people who don’t look like us, might have a different language or culture. They may represent things as unknown spiritual ideas, practicality, and deep emotional expression. These are my own examples and may differ very much from what you dream experience.

• I attended the wedding of an Indian couple. I believe this was a way of showing integration of male and female aspects. Why would I need to attend the wedding of an unknown Indian couple? I believe I had some things to learn about balance in my life, understanding more about bringing my whole self to bear in my work.

• A Chinese woman offered me a new job in Beijing, perhaps this was to help me open up to different kinds of opportunities.

• A Vampire once tried to bite me in a dream. When he got very close, he melted into me in a wave of heat. I believe the message was about living with, accepting that emotions should be expressed. I had to get down to where I lived and breathed, or bled.

Unknown Strangers – Actions Speak Louder than Words

Unknown woman in my way – the one I describe here, looked a little like me, same height and hair, but I only saw her from the back… because she cut right in front of me and was in my way. Unfortunately, I think she was me, and I was in my own way! I needed to get out of my own way at that point in time.

Unknown woman shooter – In this case again, it was not important who the woman was, what her clothes looked like, or what her name was. She followed me in a car. When I got out to see what she wanted, she took out a gun and shot toward me but missed. I have since concluded that she missed because those were warning shots. She was unknown because I don’t have any friends who would shoot at me.

Dreams with Teams and Cheerleaders

Cheerleaders - Maybe we don’t have a lot of cheerleaders in our lives or we just need some more. These represent us congratulating and cheering ourselves on, or it can be our Unconscious mind showing a lot of approval and support in new steps we are taking or must take soon.

Sports Teams – These are also a very supportive symbol. These are often a ‘great cloud of witnesses’ to our progress. They show us that we have extensive resources for growth. We should call on our waking friends, family, books, and other resources to fuel our growth.

Sometimes our dreams symbols point us to important learning that can broaden our perspective and show us how to live better. Sometimes they give direct input on how to run our waking lives, sometimes they give us support in our journey. They are all good – take time to get to know the people that show up in your dreams. They are there to help you.

Also, see the blog on People You Know.

No comments:

Post a Comment